Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Transport


This week, since I mentioned our unit is closed due to our moving, I transported patients. Transporting patients is a very easy task and allows you to get to know a little about each patient. Some patients are very talkative and social and like to talk to me about my internship and what I do at the hospital. It is very nice talking to them and getting to know their stories too. Sometimes you also get patients that are very quiet. The only thing to worry about when transporting a patient is not going too fast and not bumping into anything! That is very critical because you don't want them to get injured or feel uncomfortable. Patients usually like when you ask how they're feeling and show an interest in their care. It's always great getting to know someone new.