Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Slow Days



This week there weren't many patients, which usually means an easy week. The nurses asked me to sit at the front desk to answer calls and buzz people in. Every time someone calls I am to answer saying, "Bergen Mother Baby Unit, Cecilia speaking." It's really fun answering the phone because it makes me feel very professional and important. Some calls require me to transfer the call to a nurse, and I was provided with a list of their numbers. Buzzing people into the unit is a very easy task. When someone comes in, which is usually a family member visiting a patient, I help them find the patients room according to the patient's name. It's very straightforward. 

This week I also did hourly water runs with Anna to the four patients we had. We also had one patient being discharged and we walk them downstairs to the main lobby to make things easier for them. We help the patients carry their belongings and always maintain a good conversation with them. We also never forget to congratulate them on their new baby!