Friday, February 2, 2018

What is an Obstetrician?


An Obstetrician is a surgeon or physician who concentrates on childbirth, pregnancy, and postpartum. They are also combined with the Gynecology field. They deliver babies, perform ultrasounds, and are there for the mothers throughout the entire process of their pregnancy. This week I spent a lot of my time at internship following around and learning from one of the Obstetricians at Valley. He allowed me to watch another circumcision and talked to me about his field. If I were to choose another field to follow it would definitely be Obstetrics. It is a field that interests me immensely and is very similar to Neonatology. I really like working with newborns, and this field specifically works with childbirth and the process of a mother's pregnancy, which I really enjoy.